Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pictures Finally of some of my latest quilts




This is my pastel Cherrywood Fabric quilt which I custom quilted. It took me almost 2 nights to mark the quilt and more than a week of evenings and a weekend to quilt it. It is one of my favorite quilts now. I even used thread that Cherrywood Fabrics had made to match their fabrics.
I also finished the Cabin Fever block of the month quilt. This block of the month program is from Pinwheels, a quilt shop in New York. I signed up at Road to California in 2008. It was a 14 month program and I have to say that they planned this well and gave you plenty of fabric for each month. Each cabin has a different log cabin block. Each house was paper pieced. It was fun but I'm glad it's done. It's a very masculine quilt and my husband really loves it.
Notice I haven't mentioned the Asian Salsa quilt yet - not done yet. Hope to finish soon.
Guild meeting tomorrow where we will reveal our mystery quilts and have our challenge competition. Can't wait to see what everyone has done.




1 comment:

sew4real said...

Congratulations on finishing the houses! I only got like four done...your picture motivates me to want to get on it!!!! But you're right, it's quite masculine... which is okay but I didn't think of that when I first saw it. How was Pam's last night? I fell asleep- I had been up since 5 a.m. and was pooped!!! I stopped by Quilter's Paradise yesterday after my in-service and they are still "on" with having me teach a class in the fall. Coooooooool!!!! Do you have any fall/ holiday machine applique projects/patterns that are small? I am looking for something to teach and nothing is out yet!