Skip to main content

Guild Yo Yo Challenge






The Common Threads Quilt Guild that I belong to had their big reveal night - we reveal our mystery quilts, the challenge and whatever else that needs to be revealed for the year. This year our challege was a yo yo challenge. You had to have at least one yo yo on your quilt. The talent in this guild is absolutely amazing. Here are a couple pictures of our guild's challenge quilts. I'm not sure who all the quilts belong to because I was on the stage when we were all holding them and I couldn't see everyones.

Mine is the all green one. I should count how many yo yo's I made. This is from one piece of fabric that I bought at our guild's white elephant sale last December.

My friend Deolinda won Viewers Choice with the body quilt. The funny part of her quilt was when she was holding it up - it looked like her head at the top of the quilt.
My friend Anna Koelewyn also won something with her oriental florals. It was beautiful and her quilting was spectacular.
Sara Kelly won a prize for her hummingbird quilt--I think for best use of color.
This is just a sampling of the local talent.



Comments

  1. Wow! I like the yo yo challenge idea. Great quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your challenge quilt. Until I enlarged the picture I couldn't tell it was made with yo yos. As soon as I saw it bigger I thought, Wow! That's interesting.

    Thanks for the comments on my blog. Come back for a visit soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.