Skip to main content


Showing posts from October, 2016

A finish and what I'm working on.

First - I pinned and marked this quilt I whipped up this week while watching Dancing with the Stars.
I have had this Fig Tree Pattern and also her fabrics for several years and was in the fall mood so started it this past week.  The applique is done using the washable Ricky Tims Stable Stuff and school glue stick method.  Then machine appliqued it down with Aurifil's clear thread.  It went fairly quickly although pretty sticky.  

I also finished my Material Girls annual challenge quilt a week ago.  Our challenge this year was to make a quilt using Stack 'n Whack.  I wanted to something unique so I designed this myself.  This took me almost a year if you count from fabric purchasing to the end.  I bought this fabric on my way to the Road to California quilt show in January.

I really need to work on my photo taking skills.  
Anyway, the circles are the Stack 'n Whack and I used the light border fabric for the Stack 'n Whack circles.  I'm a month early for our challen…

The Boutique was a Success

Last Saturday the guild I belong to, Common Threads Quilt Guild, held their 5th Annual Boutique.  And we had another successful event.

Here's a picture of the Fraternal Hall before the crowds came.

And here's a picture of the room full of people.

The guild netted over $8,000.00.  Which is better than last year so we're happy with that.

I was in charge of organizing the consignment quilts.  This are for large quilts where 20% of the sales goes to the guild and the rest to the quilt maker.  We did quite well this year.  6 quilts, one tree skirt, 3 wooden trash cans (made by my dad) and one wood cutting board (also made by my dad) and 3 potting tables (made by another members husband and neighbor).

2 of those quilts were mine.  Yea!  Just in time since in the last week and a half, I've had to have to have over $1,600 in car repairs.  These are the quilts I sold.

Other than that, I've now had time to focus on my quilts for me.  I'm almost done machine quilting  …

A few more finishes.

Mostly stuff for our guilds boutique.  But I did get the triangle quilt done too.

And here are a few more items for the boutique.

Anyway, I also finished an apron and a Finding Dory baby quilt.  I will try to get pictures but forgot to take before I packed them away.   I also made 55 To/From tags using yo-yo's and buttons.  I need to take pictures of that too.

Anyway - busy week and the boutique is this next Saturday.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for looking.