Skip to main content

ATC's and appreciation of a boring life

This months ATC challenge was round and round - we had to use circles on the card. I decided to play with my paintsticks by making a circle template from freezer paper and a circle punch and just started stenciling. Tonight I tightly quilted around each circle, painted the edges instead of sewing. On one of them I rubbed some paint after I quilted. Kind of outer space looking.

I've also been working on another Scrap Therapy quilt - I have 1/2 the blocks done. I don't like to show pictures until the quilts are finished.

This week I have been very thankful for a very boring life. The people I work with have had a lot of drama in their life - drama I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Two of them are dealing with abuse - one friend very seriously injured. It's a sad situation. I wish I had a magic wand to help but all I can do is pray for them. What happened not only affects them directly but the whole family. Due to their privacy I won't say more.

But to end my post on a higher note, here's a picture of my sweet little puppy girl Duchess in a basket in my sewing room.


Comments

  1. I like the ATC card in the lower left corner- is that the outerspace one?
    I had fun coming over tonight...shoulda gotten there earlier so we could talk more...
    I know what you mean about the boring life....sometimes it is just nice.
    Duchess is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for responding to my post. To answer back, if you go to my profile, you'll see that you can e-mail me. It's something that you can add to your profile if you want. It's been helpful in responding to posts. I just might want to try the Asian Salsa sometime. I really like it, if I want to try curves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.