Skip to main content


National Jelly Roll Day

A quick post - a few friends and I got together at our beach house in Cambria this past weekend to celebrate National Jelly Roll Day.  We started the day with a cinnamon roll breakfast casserole.  For lunch we had tortilla roll ups, we had an actual vanilla jelly roll with raspberry jam and for dinner we had lasagna roll ups.  It was a 'roll' kind of day!

I didn't take pictures of any of the food, but I did take pictures of the jelly roll rugs 4 of the 7 of us made. 
 Here are the the balls in the making. 
And here are the rugs.  Mine is the first one which I did with Christmas fabric. 

As always, we girls had a good time retreating at the beach house.  The house could actually be anywhere because we never leave.  What we do enjoy is the cooler weather.  It's still in the 90's at home so the cool weather was a pleasure.  Plus time spent with friends is always a good thing. 

Before I left I did finish a couple more things for the guild's boutique.

I then proceed…
Recent posts

Fat Quarter Shop 2018 Designer Mystery and my own Mystery

Remember two posts ago when I showed all those pinned, but unquilted quilts, well I finally finished the last one.(Actually, finished it about 2 weeks ago—although it still doesn’t have a label.)Anyway, this was the Fat Quarter Shop’s 2018 Designer Mystery quilt.I quilted it heavily – but I like what I did.Samplers are always interesting to quilt.

And months ago, I finished my two guild mystery quilts.  As I was the creator and chair for the committee I felt like I had to make the quilt in both sizes. 

Here’s my small quilt.  I used all fabric from my stash.

And this is the big version.  I’d love to say it was all from my stash, but I had to order some coordinating fabrics to make it work.   The guild mystery was a success.  Here is a picture of all the quilts the members got done. I’ve also been working on more boutique items.  Here are two more kids reading pillows. 

I also made an adult version.My friend who is an avid reader requested it.She will be getting this as a birthday gi…

More Boutique Items

Throughout the year I try to make some items for my local guild boutique.  I've been busy finishing little projects I've started over the last few years and finally decided to finish.  Here are a few more items.

Thanks for looking.  I've got more stuff to make.  The boutique is coming up quickly.
This is a copy of the boutique postcard this year (that I designed). 

A few little things...

I finished this little pin cushion - the packet has been sitting on my cutting table for over 6 months so I decided to finally finish it.  I made a mistake when it came to putting the screws in on the legs.  I will try to figure out a way to fix them-if not the screws will just have to be it's legs.  It still works so I may just leave it be.  I used left over fabrics from a current project. 

Last weekend I pinned five quilts.  Two are charity quilts that my friend Adena made the tops and gave to me the tops to finish.  One is a panel quilt that I will donate to our guilds boutique, another is a baby quilt that I will try to sell via our guilds boutique (for a commission) and the last is the 2017/2018 Fat Quarter Shop block of the month quilt.  I have since finished 3 of these. 

These are the charity quilts.

Here's the panel quilt.

I'm also participating in Moda's Blockheads 2 quilt along.  Here is block 7 and all the blocks I've done so far.

And my friend Deolinda…