Skip to main content

My New Morning View and some Quilty Finishes

With my new job I actually am starting at the same time I used to leave for my old job.  Who knew sunrises were so pretty.  I'm a night owl so this has been quite the adjustment for me. 

And as promised, some quilt finishes.


Trick or Treat was a block of the month, pre-cut with the fusible already on it from Shabby Fabrics.  I did zig zag with coordinating threads around all the pieces and then quilted it.  Some of it glows in the dark.  I love this and can't wait to hang it next year.


And this is my Material Girls (my friendship group) annual challenge quilt.  We were challenged to piece curves.  I love fall so when I saw this in Sew Kind of Wonderful's mini book, I knew I had to make it.  I had a bunch of fall color solids and wanted a light blue background and it's another of my fall favorites. 

My cousin Barbara, who was very instrumental in helping me get home health care for my dad, has a set of twin great grandchildren.  So to thank her I made these for the twins for her to give to them for Christmas. 

Not a lot of Cross Stitch finishes.  I'm actually working on 6 other projects at the same time.  A little each day while watching PD Live or now Hallmark Christmas movies.   


I spent Thanksgiving and the day after at my dads and got him all situated and then ran home for two days to decorate my own house (and clean, etc.)  I usually have all these cross stitches hanging in my husbands den area but realized I couldn't enjoy them there so I moved them to my sewing room.  These are all cards my mom made for us kids each year for many years.  She also stitched the big one in the middle for me.  These are treasures to me and I smile each time I look at them.



2019 has been a pretty crappy year.  I'm looking forward to making some big changes in 2020.  Stay tuned and thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. There's something about starting a new day with a sun rise. Everything is fresh!

    Can hardly wait to see the Trick or Treat quilt. It looks like fun!

    I'm thinking (hoping?) that 2020 will be a year of perfect vision. Well, maybe not perfect, but certainly clearer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.