Skip to main content

Material Girl 2019 Challenge Quits

I'm late posting this but at least I'm getting it done before Christmas.

My friendship group, Material Girls, has an annual challenge.  This year it was we had to piece curves.  When we chose the challenge I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I posted mine a couple posts ago, but just in case you missed it, here is my quilt.

Here's the rest of the group's quilts.

Barbara Sawyer

Erin Bader

Erin Bader

Anna Koelewyn

Janice Minyard

Janice Minyard

Anna Koelewyn

Deolinda Rhoads

Diane Mitchell

Rita Buchler
We don't have to have it finished.  We don't even have to do it.  It's just something most of us like to do. 

This next year our challenge is to use a ruler or technique we haven't used (you know - we all buy those things and never use them.)  We also have to incorporate text of some sort on the piece - either using fabric with words on it or applique, embroider, etc.

And since we all have a lot of WIPs (Works in Progress) we each have to submit a list of at least 10 WIPS we have that we want to work on next year.  We pick a month we want to work on it.  On the form we have listed what we have done so far.  And at the end of each month we put where we ended with that piece.  You don't have to finish it, just need to work on it. 

Here's the group that was at the party this year.

And a few posts ago I showed you my new morning view.  It was the beautiful sunset.  Well here's my view on my way home.  It's been cool and clear so you can actually see the Sierra Mountains.  It's beautiful.  (Picture doesn't do it justice - I was driving when I took it.)


Next year it's going to be a little crazy.  I will be moving out of my house and will be looking for something smaller.  I will also be going through a divorce after 26 years of marriage.  Long story, I was going to leave 2 years ago for many reasons I won't go into here, but he talked me into staying and working on our relationship,  Well let's just say, he has an odd way of working it out. So I may not get a lot of quilting done for the first few months, but for my sanity sake I will have to do some.  I have a lot of family support and friends supporting me.  I will not let him steal my joy.  My first husband cheated on me and it took me years to get over it.  I will not waste that time this late in my life.

Thanks for looking. 

Comments

  1. You go Girl!! It will be an exciting new year! 2020 . . . perfect vision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure 2020 is going to bring GREAT things for you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.