Skip to main content

Retreat Time

A few friends and I took a quick trip to Cambria for a retreat.  Quilting retreat.  We sewed, we watched movies and we ate...a lot.  At least I did.  I got a lot done, but no finished tops.  I turned my Material Girl House challenge pieces, I cut some fusible designs for the design board challenge for Loose Threads, and turned and pressed some pieces of my Baltimore Christmas Block of the Year block.  I also hand sewed the binding down on these 5 little Easter Runners (1 for each of my 2 sisters and sister-in-law, one for my step-daughter and one for me.  (Pattern from Shabby Fabrics.)
See that beautiful portable design wall?  My friends gave it to me as a thank you for opening up the house for our little retreats.  It sure is big and came in handy.  I'll be able to use it at home since I don't really have one here.

So my friends got a lot done.  Deolinda finished the most tops.


Kathy finished a huge quilt for her husband's friend who is in the Elks and a cute little skirt for her granddaughter.

Debbie turned all these beautiful blocks.
And Diane finished this top - except for the holes in the top and bottom.
Janice came each day - she got some sleeves put on her quilts and some other projects done (BOM's) but I didn't get any pictures.

We took walks each days.  Janice has a fit bit so we tracked 1 mile the first day and 1.5 the second.
Here we are without Diane in the photo - she was the photographer.  This was taken in the rose garden at the Cambria Pines Lodge.

Thanks for looking.  I have a lot of things to finish.  First I have to get the Loose Threads project done since we meet here on Monday.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you all had a lovely time. Glad you were productive. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun at your family's home in Cambria. Thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see productive creativity. Thanks for letting us have a peek!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.