Skip to main content

Needle and Scraps

A funny thing happened on Saturday after my husband and I went out to lunch.  We ran to Michael's to get clock works for a clock of ours that was broken and we heard some puppies barking at PetSmart, which is conveniently located next to Michael's.  I asked my husband if we could stop and look, (he wants to get a Doberman) but we saw this sweet little girl dog and I asked Jeff if we could keep her.  We went home and discussed it some more and we decided that if she was still there after I ran some more errands then it was meant to be.  So meet my new little baby.  The rescue people had named her Noodle but as a quilter, I felt Needle was better and sounds a lot like Noodle so she won't get so confused.
She's fitting right in.  She has a collar now, and she has been rid of all her fleas and is clean and fluffy.  We've only had one pee and one poop accident so far (that I've found).  The boys, Walter and Guy, are coming around to accepting her.  They have all sniffed each other and pretty much leave each other alone.  She will not go to Jeff, who is usually very good with pets.  She follows me everywhere.  She's still a little skittish, but she's already 100% better than she was yesterday.  She's a sweetie.  Love her already.  It will be interesting to see how she does while I'm at work tomorrow.

Today I had a nice little visit with Adena.  She did some handwork while I pinned my 5 Easter runners.  After that I felt like getting my scrap bin in order so here's all the scraps I cut.  This does not show all the strips I cut.  And that basket in the back ground was piled high with scraps.
Thanks for looking.  Off to take Needle out to pee pee!


Comments

  1. Needle is so cute. He'll be a welcome addition to your sewing area. I loved it when my dog came and curled up in the room where I was sewing. Your Needle is a good one to have on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you have a little girl doggie to love. She is so pretty. And I bet she will make friends with Jeff while you are at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Needle is so very cute. I'm sure she loves you and her new safe home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you and Needle have been blessed with each other. Makes my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the family's newest addition. She is cute as a button! It sounds to me like you adopted each other. Don't worry about the boys, they will adapt ... eventually LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the family's newest addition. She is cute as a button! It sounds to me like you adopted each other. Don't worry about the boys, they will adapt ... eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She reminds me of a blond Pixel. What a cutie! Glad she found you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, love the block piles too😃

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.