Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

April Free Motion Quilting Challenge

I joined Sew Cal Gal's Free Motion Quilting challenge and I got around to doing this month's challenge.


This months teacher is Don Linn.  I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Linn and taking his Asian Salsa class when he came to our guild a few years ago.  Another friend took his free motion quilting class at Asilimar the next year and I got to peak in their room quite a bit and see what they were doing.  His seminars are funny and he is a wealth of information and an all around nice guy.

I got this design from a Design Source Book - Oriental Flower Designs.  They are free designs that you can use and I find that a lot of them can be used for machine quilting.  At least an inspiration for quilting.

I have a charity quilt pinned and my scrap quilt pinned this morning.  Will start those tomorrow.

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Quilt Crazy said...

That's ancient design! I really like it. Thank you for sharing.

Quilt Crazy said...

How did the computer get ancient from a nice!

What Comes Next? said...

your design looks great, and nicely quilted out

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job with your quilting! Love that design.
Pat in OR

CaroleM said...

Very nicely done!! Good work!