Skip to main content

The Leftover Half-Square Triangle Quilt Done!


The center of this quilt is made from the remaining blocks left over from the first idea I had for my Material Girls Challenge.  I was going to put the signature blocks among ocean wave blocks but ended up doing the art piece instead.  So I didn't want all that work to go to waste so I put the squares together, added borders and used the rest of the scraps on the border and the back.  Had fun quilting these feathers and added shell motifs to keep with the ocean theme.  I've never done them this way before.  (You can click on the picture to get a closer look - use your browsers back button to get to this page again.)

Also finished today my Loose Threads Art Group project (which isn't even due until the 24th!).  We had to use a photo on our fabric and the theme word was joy.  This is my niece at my nephews wedding this past August.  She was having so much fun and we all were having fun watching her.  She has always brought me joy.  This just shows her goofy side.

It's printed in black on white on the fabric and I used white to black threads to quilt it.  Used blue on her eyes and pink on her tongue to make them stand out.  I think it came out quite good.

I leave Wednesday with 3 other friends to Ontario to go to the Road 2 California Quilt Show, where we will meet a few other friends who already be there.   I have signed up for David Taylor's class.  If you don't know who he is, here's his website.   David Taylor Quilts website  If you get any quilt magazines, you will have seen his work. He was the featured artists at Asilomar last March when I went and he was very funny and very talented.  I'm pretty excited about taking the class.

Thanks for looking.  If I have time, I'll check in during the show.

Comments

  1. Love the quilts Barb, I only got half of a quilt quilted this weekend. You are so productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love it. I've been quilting on my Halloween Signature Blocks. Almost done. Can't wait unil Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting piecing...what kind is that? It looks very architechtural! Hope you have a blast @ Road.... = )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.