Skip to main content

2023 Year in Cross Stitch

 It was a good year for me with cross stitch.  I found great comfort making small and large pieces.  If you need the name of a pattern let me know and I'll look it up, but for this post I'm just going to post pictures.  These are not in any particular order.  


Sugar Stitches ornaments  I bought a small white tree and some small
pink ornaments and put this up in my sewing room.


I did this in honor of my mom's dad--my favorite grandpa.  The top says Eat Well, Costs Nothing.  He
liked to say that when he would take you out for dinner (because he always treated).









Some of these I completed before - I just put them together in a pillow this year.
These are Prairie Schoolers annual Santas.

Blackbird Designs






Gifts for my two stitchy friends in California.







Notice I added and quilting below cross stitch.





I fully finished this but didn't get a photo of it.

This might have been finished last year.

Stitched but not framed yet.  I have the frame.  I better get busy.

Thanks for looking.  I have a lot more projects I want to start and finish in 2024.  But who doesn't, right?  I'm finding such relaxation stitching each night.  It's hard to do when both dogs want to be on my lap, but I make do.  Especially the older one.  She's never been so cuddly as she has been lately so I would hate to say no to her.  


Can't say no to her.

Or to him.  


Comments

  1. Such a wonderful parade of cross stitched projects. How big are the ornaments in the first picture? They look so small! The March decorations in the green glass holder is so cute! A lot of hours went into that blackwork for sure. I'm in love with the red frame in the next picture. It must be an oldie. The stockings look really small too, or else you have very big beads in your neck of the wood, haha. I thought that "and quilting" wasn't part of the original design. Lol. I love the addition though. Such cute little faces at the end of your post. Please, give them a hug from me. Take care. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of beautiful cross stitch! Good job, Barbie, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.