Skip to main content

2023 Review of other Crafts

 Not only did I Quilt and cross stitch this past year, but I attempted some other crafts.  Some of the things I'm going to show will be some items that I didn't make but that I helped or taught others to make.  I also belong to a craft group that meets once a month and there are a few fun things for that.  And others items are just things I thought I'd try.

Craft Group - it's a group of about 14 ladies from my sisters neighborhood (mostly) and we meet once a month and have a great lunch and then do a fun craft.  Here are the crafts I made this year through them.  I wasn't able to make it to all of them so there won't be 12 crafts.










I made this apron for one of my craft group friends who had a friend who became a master gardener (I just did the embroidery.)

I embroidered on these aprons for us food service ladies for Adventure Club at church.
I went to a retreat in the fall with my friend Beth Rhodes and made everyone a little Halloween treat bag.
Instead of exchanging ornaments this year with my sisters (and SIL) I used some cross stitch cards that my mom had stitched and put them in these Joy signs.


My friend Janice cut the vinyl for me on these and made one for my sister and one for her.

My granddaughter was going to Disney for her birthday so she got a little purse with a few gift cards in it.
Had this kit for a while and decided to finally finish it.  I'm not a great hand embroidery person.
Just a little pillow I made with my leftover St. Patrick's day fabrics.
Made these spring pillows with cross stitch that my mom did.  
My sister-in-law's sister-in-law has had me make some things for her over the years.  Mostly embroidered pillows, etc.  But this year she asked if I would embroider the words on some plain fabric so she can make these adorable button art pictures.  So I did.  I embroidered about 10-12 of them for all her sisters, sister-in-laws, mother-in-law and her daughters.   I think they came out very nice.
Christmas gifts for my sisters sister-in-law and her mother-in-law
Christmas gifts for some of my lifegroup friends.  (bowl cozies)
And a t-shirt for my friends husband Bob who is always working on something for the church or for people at church.

Embroidered these lace "Joy" ornaments that we used for our Church's women's Christmas breakfast and we used as a napkin ring.
Helped my friend Kathy Eckman make this tie pillow for a friend of her.  (She did all the work, I just let her use my tools and machine.)
I started teaching these two lovely sisters to sew/quilt.  The youngest one is not that hip into quilting so her mom and her finished her quilt (the blue one below) and I quickly quilted it for her.  Her older sister wants to finish her own but with her schooling, and then the holidays, it has been hard to get back with her to finish her quilt. 




 
I'm also helping a lady from church who started helping a 7 year old to sew.  That is a challenge but she's actually a very fun girl to hang around with and she really wants to learn so it makes it fun.  She's not ready for quilting yet (she still has a hard time sewing a straight line) but she'll get there one day. No pics because of her age.  

Thanks for looking.  It's fun to get out of my comfort zone and try other crafts and to actually show or teach people how to sew.  

Comments