Skip to main content

2016 Ornaments

Each year, my siblings and I exchange home-made ornaments.  We've been doing this for years and my Christmas tree is full of all these wonderful ornaments.

First the ornaments I made.  I cross stitched three for my siblings and just ran out of time for the two extra's for my older nephews.

For my little sister Beverly

For my Sister-in-Law Marcy

And my older sister Brenda

And these for my two older nephews.

Speaking of my nephews, my oldest nephews wife gave birth today -- my first grand niece.  Meet Adeline Margaret.  Margaret was my mother's name who passed away 3 years ago, so that they used her name as the baby's middle name means a lot.

My dad is thrilled to be a great-grandfather and we plan on taking him to visit her in April.

Here are the ornaments I got from my siblings.
My brothers wonderful woodwork.

My little sister and her wonderful painting work.

And Brenda made this awesome etched glass ornaments.  
And received this little video from my grandchildren yesterday.  We get to see them and exchange gifts this Friday.  Can't wait.

I did work on my Bonnie Hunter mystery clue 5 but didn't get a picture before I packed it away for my upcoming quilting in the new year retreat at a friends.  So excited.  4 days of sewing with friends.

In the meantime, I have unpacked all my stuff from this weekend at my dads, and cleaned a little and now have to get ready to go again this weekend.

I had a wonderful and quiet Christmas with my dad, brother, sister-in-law and niece.  And on Christmas eve, Kevin and Lori and their son Kyle came for dinner which is always great fun.  We forgot to take pictures this year.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the newest family addition. Another person needing a quilt!!
    Ornaments are lovely - both given and received. Nice tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ornaments are awesome. So lucky to trade every year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.