Skip to main content

Boutique Time of the Year

Three years ago, my quilt guild, Common Threads, started having an annual boutique in October.  It has been a wonderful fund raiser for our guild and we are starting to get a following of people who look forward to it every year.  I try to make as much stuff as I can and I also make some bigger quilts that I put on sale on consignment - the guild keeps 20% I get the rest.  The other stuff that we donate we get back if they don't sell.  We can pick the price we want the items to be sold at as well and without your permission, they can't lower the price.

Here are a few items I've finished this last month.  I had the two baby quilt tops done at my retreat at my friends a few weeks ago, but I am done quilting and binding them.

Baby quilt from a panel kit.  

Decorate pillow case for 16" pillow form.

Just some Christmas decorations

Some ornaments
Another panel quilt.  All the spider webs and ghosts are quilted in glow in the dark thread.  It's awesome in the dark.
 I also finished a few of my block of the month/week/sew along blocks.

Farm Girl Vintage (Lost track of what weeks these are.)

Fat Quarter Shop's Designer Mystery Block of the Month

Fat Quarter Shop's Snapshots Block of the Month

Pat Sloan's Vacation Block of the month.  These are the outer borders.
I only need to finish two more blocks of the Sew Kind of Wonderful Twisted Blossom sew along.  Then it's just a matter of putting the blocks together, quilt it and bind it.   Ha!

I have 2 of the Shabby Fabric long pillows to do.   So behind.

And the guild's Blocks of the Month still has to be done.  Just found it in the bottom of my purse.

I went to visit my dad this weekend and while there I pinned two quilts.  I brought another to mark and pin but didn't get that far.  I have no idea when I'll be able to get to them.  I did go see Man from U.N.C.L.E. with my sister in law.  I really liked it.  And they set it up so there will be more.  And a friend of mine and I started a monthly challenge where we'll chose one thing to finish that month.  I'm failing my first month.

I have also been working some overtime so that has cut into my quilting time.  I'm hoping that's over.  This happens at least once a year when budget time comes around.  And now with this new company it's even more of a nightmare.

Also saw my doctor again today.  The MRI on my foot did show that I have significant swelling on the joints of my big toe and the 2nd toe.  Luckily no fractures or breaks.  Checking for gout and put me on a strong anti-inflammatory for a month to see if that will help (which the foot doctor told me it wouldn't - I knew he was wrong.)  And of course my blood pressure was elevated.  But stress does cause high BP.  He's still doubling my medication dosage since it's my bottom number that's high.  And of course I need to lose weight.  I'd think he was sick if he didn't tell me to lose weight.

Well enough rambling.  Thanks for looking.  

Comments

  1. Busy, busy little lady . . . and you work full time! Great boutique items. Just enjoy what time you do get to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your boutique items. Great job on all of the block of the month/week blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. Just wow, Barb. You've been crazy productive!! And with an ailing foot, no less. Hope that they get to the root of the problem and get you all fixed up soon! Love to see all of your goodies. Makes me want to go back in the Studio and put in some serious stitching time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.