Because there isn't enough time to always make a point.
Subscribe to this blog
Follow by Email
Search This Blog
It is Done!
My Farmer's Wife Quilt is finally finished. Started in June of 2013. See my first post here. This is the first quilt that has taken me this long.
I still need to block it. It's been through the wash 2 times already with oxi clean and color catchers and there is one spot still on the aqua color inner border. This was the first and only time I will ever make a quilt using paper templates. It was a lesson in patience. I spent a lot of time on the blocks so when it came to the border I could have just slapped on a plain border but figured I should spend as much energy into the border as I did to the inside. It's a simple raw edge applique using the button hole stitch around the applique. I gridded the background of the border using the checks in the fabric. Each block is quilted differently.
I love it. I love the colors and I love that I used aqua for the sashing.