Skip to main content

Marcus Brothers Block of the Week finished

In August, Marcus Fabrics started a sew along which is basically a block of the week program in which some of their fabric designers posted a block and then the final week was the setting.  Here's a link to the description of their sew along
http://www.marcusfabrics.com/features/articles/ready_to_sew_along.shtml

I had several fat quarters and fabrics that fit the civil war theme and wanted to use them up so thought this was a good thing.  I decided to not use a big border - because I don't think it needed it and because I didn't have enough of any fabric that looked good with it.  Hence the black small border with a cheddar crumb catcher to give it a little spark.

I'm sure eventually I'll sell or donate this.  It's kind of manly and sometimes our guild is looking for quilts for men.  It's a lap sized quilt so it should be perfect for someone.

I also finished my FQS blocks.

It's the only BOM I'm doing right now.  I have all the blocks done for my fall one that my friends and I are doing, but the big center block isn't done yet.  It's out - just need time.  I'm currently machine quilting the Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM so hope to finish that by this weekend.  

Three friends and I headed to Santa Clara for the Pacific International Quilt Festival on Sunday.  We go every year for just the day.  As always, lot of quilting goodies to see and buy, lots of beautiful quilts to gawk at (but no pictures taken by me).  But my friend always has a picture of us taken while on our lunch break.  

I didn't have to drive which was nice and one friend didn't quite get up on time to make it.  The one thing I really wanted to find there were the Bloc Loc rulers.  But by the time we got there on Sunday they only had a few rulers left and none of the ones I wanted.  

Anyway, thank you for looking.  Back to Dancing with the Stars and quilting. 

Comments

  1. Can't believe your already done with all of those block of the months..great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just zipping through those blocks! Whoosh! The navy and cream blocks are my favorites. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to do something traditional. Or something quiltie. Or something... Always an inspiration, thanks Barb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to see what you're working on. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sew along! I am still trying to figure out which fabric to use for the setting triangles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.