Skip to main content

Dog Days of Summer (at the Fair?)

My friend Adena and I went to the Tulare County Fair today.  I had two quilts in the show which each won first place blue ribbons.  Very thrilled about that.  I entered the Loose Threads Whisper Challenge Butterfly quilt and the Vintage Moments quilt.  Here's me and Adena on the Ferris Wheel.  I hadn't been on one of these in years.

Here are a few bibs I made for the guilds boutique.  We had a pricing and organizing party on Saturday and we priced over 400 items.  A lot of cute stuff.
Our guild had a button bracelet class two Saturdays ago and this is the bracelet I made.  I bought a kit to make one more.  They aren't that hard which is good to know.  I think they'll make nice gifts.

 The art group Loose Threads is starting a new challenge where someone comes up with a title of a song or a quote or famous line or quote and we are to make a quilt inspired by that.  This theme was Dog Days of Summer - this is what I came up with.  The dog reminds me of my dog Walter.
 Still haven't started quilting the guild's opportunity quilt.  I'm still stewing and pondering it and getting up the nerve to work on it.  If it was my own quilt, I wouldn't worry so much but all types of quilters will be really LOOKING at this so I know it has to be perfect.  So there is a little pressure there.  I have the thread now so I can't even use that as an excuse.

Anyway, thanks for looking.


Comments

  1. You two look like you had a great time. Very brave getting on that Ferris wheel! Love the button bracelet. What a good way to use those buttons that you really adore but don't want to waste on a garment. Will have to learn to make them.

    And last but not least, congratulations on your awards. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like you had some fun at the Fair!

    And don't be afraid to start the quilt. It will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your wins at the fair! woohoo!

    Is the boutique really on the weekend of PIQF? I'm bummed, as it sounds like it would be a lot of fun to go to...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good picture of you, Barb. Love the Dog Days quilt... and I might need to buy the car bib for my great nephew Carson. Did those get priced yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were able to put that pic online. It is a special memory!!!

    Congratulations again.... and have fun in HOUSTON!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.