Finally I can show the two quilts I made for our guilds Mystery and Challenge this year. We had our meeting tonight and showed what we made and now I can show them here. My challenge didn't win anything but there was some stiff competition.
This was my challenge quilt. I had to use 13 half-square triangles. I made up this design myself. One of the ladies at guild called it a Charlie Brown Tree because the top is tipped. :) I'm okay with that. I used a lot of gold buttons to hide the areas where the cathedral window pieces meet (or don't meet).
Here's the mystery quilt. When I finished the top I realized that there was no pink on the inside and the border fabric had a lot of pink so if you look at the close up of the machine quilting, I quilted with pink and green thread on the white (scary) and then it still wasn't enough so I did some dimensional roses for the centers.