Skip to main content

Red Doors and Plates

Dresden Plates that is.

Still needs a name and a label.  But it's done!  I took Analie Belden's Thoroughly Modern Dresden class 2 or 3 months ago and finished the quilting yesterday and got the binding on this afternoon while waiting for the first coat of paint on my door to dry and listening to the Casey Anthony trial on HLN.  This finished quilt is one from my resolution list at right - so one more to check off!

Here's a picture of my door.  My in-laws got this door for us about 5 or 6 years ago and it's been unfinished this whole time.  I had been waiting for the house to get painted and my hubby and father-in-law say they are finished with it now.  So while my husband was out of town, I got busy and painted it.  I didn't want him here for 2 reasons.  1st - he really didn't want a red door.  2nd - he would just keep telling me how I'm doing it all wrong.
It's not a bright red - more of a brick red.  I like it.  Let's see how long it takes him to notice.

Well it's time to start working on my Vintage Moments quilt class homework.  2 down (from class) and 15 more to go.  Anna (she's the teacher and know's I dread this block) will laugh because I just bought a bunch of 4th of July fabric to make a whole quilt using LeMoyne stars.  So I better get good at making them.

Tomorrow I go to the Lemoore Park for our guild's Little Quilt sale.  All day in over 100 degree temps.  Fun - at least I'll be spending it with like minded friends.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. Your Dresden quilt is delightful! Love the colors.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love red doors! It's beautiful. Your dresden plates are bright and cheery. I have about 1/2 my homework done for the Vintage Moments class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the door!! I've always wanted a red door too!! But I'd have to paint the house first...and refinish the door...and... I just I'll just be envious of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the quilting in your dresden plate quilt. We have a red door too, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, cheery, and lively Dresden quilt--just like you!
    I want a red door too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.