Skip to main content

Laptop Case for My Sister is DONE!

My sister Beverly finally got a laptop and asked me to make her a laptop case like mine.  She picked and paid for the fabric--I got to sew it together.
At first I was using my Bernina 640 but I had to pull out the old workhorse 150 and even sewing thru all the layers of headliner foam and fabric and straps was hard on that poor baby.  The pattern was made by http://www.byannie.com/  I bought it several years ago at Road to California quilt show at the Superior Thread booth.  I think she has a new laptop case pattern.  She's great because I emailed her with some suggestions on how to prevent skipped stitches sewing thru all those layers and she wrote back right of way with needle size and thread types that I should try.  So Beverly, I'll get this in the mail to you as soon as possible.  I may keep it for next month's guild show and tell so it might be a few weeks.  :)  It was my pleasure to make this for my sister.  She and her son visited my folks a few weeks ago and she cooked and cooked and cooked and froze food for them.  It was the least I could do.  And Brenda (my other sister) I know I owe you the iphone case.  I hope to get that done in the next month or so too.  Don't ask for this laptop case though because I don't ever want to make another one.  It was hard on my machines.

So that's what I've been working on besides my Vintage Moment's half-square triangles.  We need a total of 260 of them.  I have about 50 cut out.  I will start working on those next - trying to get one batch cut each night. (a batch consists of about 48-50 using the strip method.)

I've also had the urge to scrapbook the other day and created this page of my niece and her cast.
I used a freebie template from Designer Digitals.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. Oh darn....I was going to ask you to make me a laptop case:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the hard work you and the machine had to do but it looks great and I will be the envy of all at my next meeting!!! Take your time and show off all your hard work first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going on those half square triangles. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.