Sew Mam Sew's blog had a thread survey and they asked us to post pictures either on their forum or our own blog. Since I didn't know how to post pictures there, I thought it would be easier to do it here. Here's a link to their blog.http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=8780
Here's a picture of my threads. The plastic boxes are usually stored in a cabinet below the drawer but I wanted a picture of most of my threads in one shot.
* How did you select colors for your personal thread collection? Usually for a specific project. Sometimes though, they are just so pretty and you never know when you'll need that particular color.
* Do you always match the color perfectly to your project? Not always. Sometimes I really want my quilting to show so I use contrasting thread.
* Do you ever use contrasting thread? Yes.
* Do you use the same color in the bobbin as the upper thread? I prefer to do this but sometimes I don't.
* What if a fabric has big areas of very different colors? It's amazing how neutral colors can blend in, or now with so many variagated threads out there, you can usually find something that will work.
* Do you have any tips or suggestions about choosing thread? don't expect the same needle to work with all threads and it's okay to play with your machine and bobbin tensions.
* Can you show us a picture(s) of your thread collection? Yes but not sure how to post pictures here.
* Do you ever buy thread because you fall in love with the color (without a particular project in mind)? Of course.
* Do you “invest” in thread? Yes.
* What types of thread do you have? (elastic, quilting, all-purpose, wool, etc.) Mostly quilting threads which now can include all different kinds - from cotton, rayon, metallic and am excited to try Superiors new silk thread coming out soon.
On a personal note - I finished quilting my nephews basketball quilt and will post a picture once I get the binding all down. Hopefully tomorrow.