Skip to main content

2020 Recap and 2021 goals (maybe)

 Here is my 2020 Goal list of quilt.  I updated in red.  It was not a good quilting year for me.

ow sleeves I started 2 years ago.  (February)

1.  Finish the remaining 9 of the 12  pillow sleeves I started 2 years ago for the boutique. Nope - didn't even touch them.
2.  Orca Bay (Started about 3 or 4 years ago)  Top finished in November.
3.  Straits of Mackinac (Green & White)   Haven't touched it since the class in the summer of 2019.
4.  Summer Swoon 16  - Finished.
5.  Boutique Items - Due to Covid, our boutique was cancelled for 2020 so I didn't bother.
6.  Frolic - Finished
7.  Aqua/White Circle of Illusion - Nope - don't even know where it is at the moment.
8.  Block of the Year Christmas Applique - I know I worked on one for a day at Debbies.
9.  Fall Runner for Brenda - Finished but she wanted a round runner so I made and will donate to boutique next year.
10.  Snowman Embroidery - Haven't touched it but I do know where this one is.
11.  Little Box of Figs Heart Quilt  - Finished.

Here are pictures of the finishes from my goal list.





Here are a couple of other finishes of things I finished/made.
All made from scraps and given to a lady at work whose last name is Sturkey.  (She loves turkey stuff.)

This is made from the cut off pieces from the heart quilt.  I just added some darker center fabrics for the stars.



My sister consigned me to make her these quilts  

I was also consigned to make these pillows.




Made these for a friend for her to give to her sisters.  After they received their pillows they decided she needed one so they contacted me and I made this for them to give to her.



My 2020 Ornaments I made this year for my family.  I'm missing the finished deer one so I'm including the picture with it in it with all of them unfinished.









Here are the one I got from my sister Beverly.
It definitely represents 2020.

And here is the decoration I got from Brenda - it is made from my moms wedding dress.

As far as 2021 goals I am not going to make any.  I have not been in the mood to quilt.  It has been quite a crappy year (since July 2019) and I just lost my mojo.  Plus I'm trying to spend more time with my husband and it's hard to do when I'm in my sewing room and he is up front.  So that's why I have a lot more cross stitch pieces being worked on.  I can do that while watching tv with him. 

I do have 3 quilts that need to be pinned.  The family sized Disney quilt for Kelly and fam, the Orca Bay quilt and a quickie Christmas quilt I made with some blocks of the month I won at guild a couple years ago.  But until my foot heals (I had bunion and hammer toe surgery on 12/9/20) I can't get on the floor to pin.

Cross stitch update coming in a later post.

Until then, thanks for looking 



Comments

  1. I always love seeing your ornaments. Would love to see your Mom's dress decor up close. What a great idea, but I'd want it out all year.

    Don't beat yourself up. This was a year of change for a lot of us. These are only quilt related items. Your cross stitch finishes are equally amazing, but it's not about what you finished, but rather what you learned during this time. And that was A LOT!!

    Keep making your plans for 2021. We need to look forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “ As far as 2021 goals I am not going to make any.” That is OKAY. You will be loving your family and taking care of yourself. Enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you lost your quilting mojo, but I think next year will be so much better. I think you enjoy being with people and sewing (ie..quilt guild, sew days, etc) so maybe that is what has quelled your mojo. Anyway, you accomplished alot this year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.