Skip to main content

Birds, Blooms and Baskets Quilt

This was a pattern (free by getting the clues weekly) from Piecing the Past Quilt.  This is the second one I've started through her blog, however I haven't finished the 1st one yet.  It was applique.  It's pinned and ready to quilt though.



I broke open another fat quarter pack for this one and I used 16 extra fat quarters for the back.  I also used the scraps for the border.  And if you can believe it, there was still some fat quarters left over.  Mostly the lighter colors.

After making my sister Beverly her placemats (as shown here) I had a bunch of the fall fabrics left over so I cut into rectangles and made 2 little table runners for my guilds annual boutique.

They are not exactly the same, they have different backing fabrics and different bindings.  One has pilgrim fabric and the other has a fall colored paisley with a striped binding. 

Due to the influence of my friends, I started cross stitching again.  I finished the stitching on this little Halloween/Fall pumpkin. 

There are a few more designs I want to stitch and make a little vignette.  I have been watching the Real Housewives of Cross Stitching on You Tube.  They are a mother-daughter duo and they look like they have so much fun.   They are prolific stitchers and the way Priscilla finishes her pieces is so inspiring.  Here is Priscilla Blog.  She takes great photos of her work.  I have some of my mom's pieces I need to finish and share with my siblings.  I have learned from watching them to sew 'in hand' which means hoopless.  And it does go much faster.

Here are some of my older pieces I stitched.



I also received this lovely gift this week from Patti.


This was a thank you from he lady I made this consignment quilt for.  She said her son and his wife loved the quilt  Whew!

I have no pictures, but I did take a class with Bonnie Hunter at the 7 Sisters Quilt Show two weekends ago.  There is a picture of me on her blog.  It was the Straights of Mackinac class.  I'm in her video montage - I used kelly greens and whites instead of aqua. 

Tuesday, July 16th is my last day at Sierra Vista Mall - 31 years and 1 days that I've worked at that place.  It's harder than I thought to leave although I'm kind of looking forward to the next chapter of my life.  I kind of want to be semi-retired.  Let's see how the money part goes.  I need to spend more time with my dad as he is failing in health and I think needs a little more attention.  My idea of travel in my retirement will have to take a back seat as I won't have the money any more.  Who knows.  I am still applying for positions, but after listening to my co-workers about their interviews, I realize I'm really bad at it.  I haven't had to interview for 31 years.  I have done everything wrong apparently in the interviews I've done so far. 

Thanks for looking. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on completing Birds, Baskets, and Blooms. Mine will be called "Baskets and Blooms" (no birds) WHEN I ever get around to starting it. 2025 sounds like a good year!

    I'm rooting for you in your "semi" retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your quilt turned out! So glad you got on the cross stitch train :)....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.