Skip to main content

I love my sisters

so much that when they ask me to make them something, I'm happy to do it for them.  I don't do it right of way of course, I'm usually in the middle of other projects.  But this month I decided to get these things done for them.  First my sister who lives in Texas needed a 100" white table runner.  Okay, all white?!?   I did make the back red so she can use it for Valentine, 4th of July and Christmas too.


There is a pattern.  I didn't want to do just a solid white.

Then my younger sister asked for some fall placemats.  After many back and forth pictures of ideas and fabrics, we decided on  a darker main fabric with this particular bunch of fabrics.  I really like them.  She asked for 8-10 but I ended up making 12.  I'm not quite done with all of them as I'm waiting for more fabric for the binding

At the beginning of this month I took a guild class on how to use pencils to color fabrics.  I embroidered on my machine this Pilgrim design (Bird Brain Designs) and I finished coloring that one pretty quickly so the teacher had these pre-printed designs that I got to color.  It was fun. 



Now I have to figure out what to do with them.  Pillows?  Wall hangings? 

I'm off to the coast next weekend for a fun trip of fun with friends and another Bonnie Hunter class and of course the Seven Sisters Quilt Show.  And the next weekend I go back to celebrate my friends birthday. 

Busy days ahead.  Still no new job.  And I'm still okay with it. 

Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. Looks like the guild class was fun. I took a class once on using crayolas. colored a circular table topper. Hmmm where is that???
    I love that our sisters want our stuff! 100 inch table runner!! That's a lot of people for dinner. Couldn't really tell what you did. Strip pieced? Stitch and flip??
    The placemats are lovely. It's fun to decorate for fall because you can use the stuff for such a long time . . . Sept, Oct, Nov.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! Your sisters are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.