Skip to main content

Guild BOM Winner Quilt

Last month at guild I won 29 of these split 9 patch blocks.  I decided to quickly put a few together and make a charity quilt.  This is what I came up  I did have to re-do a couple blocks (1/4" too small) and I had to make 7 additional blocks.  Luckily it was scrappy and the red which was the square they gave us to make the blocks was an easy color for me to match in my stash. 

A co-worker's daughter is graduating high school this year and is taking a European trip this April so I decided to make her early graduation gifts.

A t-shirt in her favorite color.  Embroidering that was a bugger - it was a little too big for the shirt and I had hair clips to hold the shirt back (saw it on a tutorial) and they ended up blocking the movement - so the countries aren't actually 'finished'.  She also was talking to her mom about a back-pack and I said she needs to keep her money closer to her and she said she refuses to use a fanny pack so I made this little bag for her.
That's her Insta handle.  She will be getting this (plus some spending cash) tomorrow. 

I have one more quilt pinned and ready to go.  Will post when that is done.  I am loving how it turned out so I can't wait to show it off.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. The BOM quilt is wonderful as usual. Nice quilting!
    Great gifts for your friend's daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.