Skip to main content

Annual Material Girl Challenge Quilts and some Good Fortune

My friendship group has an annual challenge.  It's not a requirement to participate.  This year the people who signed up exchanged 20 Flying Geese blocks to each person who signed up.  There were 10 of us.  We had to have the geese done in the Spring when we met and then we have until our Christmas party to put the quilt together.  We had our Christmas party this past Saturday.  Here is my quilt.   


See all those 2" squares in the border (finished at 1.5")?  I thought for sure my shoebox filled with those squares would be empty after I finished.  But it didn't even make a dent. 

Anna's Challenge.  She says she hates this quilt and is giving it away!

Barb S Quilt - she has some wonderful quilting opportunities here.  She's still deciding if she wants to add another row 

Debbie was able to use some big UFO blocks using her Garden Girls.

Diane had good intentions.  She has her blocks done  Now she needs to set them.

Janice did some modern quilting.  

Kathy used some other blocks from another class.

Rita asked us each to sign a block so she could have a signature quilt.  (great idea)
Here's our annual group shot.  We missed all those who couldn't be with us this year. 



I've also been working on the Bonnie Hunter mystery Good Fortune.  Here are my first 2 clues.


I cut way too many strips on the second clue here.  Hopefully I'll be able to use them in the future clues.  I don't have a lot of the fabrics.  (Neutrals yes, but not the blue.)

Anyway, my little sister and her hubby are coming to my dads this weekend for my dad's birthday.  Then I zoom home late Saturday to get ready for an open house we are having in honor of my mother-in-law.  Luckily we are keeping it easy with appetizers.  I've been baking all weekend so there will be some sweets for both weekend events. 

Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. thanks for sharing the MG photos. Good job in keeping up with Good Fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Your quilt was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.