Skip to main content

Twirly Balls is finally done!


In 2014/2015 (I think those were the years) I was the programs chair for my local quilt guild.  What I loved about it was I got to hire teachers and speakers that I've always wanted to meet.  I contracted Sue Garman and was so excited to take her class and listen to her lecture.  This is her pattern Twirly Balls.  I hand appliqued the project so that's why it took so long.  I machine quilted it.  I'm glad it's done.  It's one of the quilts on my list of quilts to finish this year so yeah me!  I used mostly shiny fabrics. 

I also have been able to finish a couple of guild boutique items. 


I've had these embroidery designs for a while and on a whim stitched them up when I was stitching the label for the twirly balls quilt.

A book pillow for some lucky little kid.  Need to go to used book store to get some kids books.

And this little table topper is made with left over half square triangles from the 2014 Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery quilt.  Trying to use up those little pieces I've been saving for ever.

A couple posts ago I made a pillow similar to this for a little girl and her Doxie (see here)  My sister loved it so much she went and found fabric for me to make a pillow for her friend using fabric of her dog.  She found this adorable fabric on Spoonflower.  

And I'm continuing on with the Moda Blockheads 2 quilt along.  I just finished block 5 today.  The blocks have been all different sizes so it should be interesting to see how they will put these all together.  This block is 24".  We made 2 - 12" and 2 - 6" blocks so far.  I'm using Me and My Sisters Designs Hi-De-Ho fabrics of which I bought a fat quarter pack many years ago.  And I think I'll need more but am having a hard time finding a good variety on line.  I have some 5" square of some similar fabrics of theirs that I can use if I get desperate.  And I incorporated a solid white with this block which will help too.



It should be bright and fun.  If you are interested in participating, you can find the patterns here.
There is also a Facebook group and if you are on Instagram search for  #modablockheads

Guild is tomorrow night and we are celebrating 20 years as a group.  We are having an ice cream social and have invited all past members to come.  I hope to see some old familiar faces.  I am sponsoring a decorated table.  My theme is old fashioned ice cream parlor.  Nothing too fancy.  And two other friends and I are also sponsoring a Mary Englebright table.  All I'm doing for that one is the center piece.  My friend Debbie and Diane are doing most of the work for that one.  

Happy fourth of July my friends.  We don't normally do anything or go anywhere.  We have two dogs that we just can't leave alone on a night like this.  Luckily the Jack Russel is going deaf so the fireworks haven't bothered him that much this year.  

Thanks for looking.


Comments

  1. Yea to finishing Twirly Balls. The quilting looks amazing and the border is FUN! You are so faithful in finishing projects for your bazaar. The guild is lucky to have you as a member.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.