Skip to main content

A few little things...

I finished this little pin cushion - the packet has been sitting on my cutting table for over 6 months so I decided to finally finish it.  I made a mistake when it came to putting the screws in on the legs.  I will try to figure out a way to fix them-if not the screws will just have to be it's legs.  It still works so I may just leave it be.  I used left over fabrics from a current project. 

Last weekend I pinned five quilts.  Two are charity quilts that my friend Adena made the tops and gave to me the tops to finish.  One is a panel quilt that I will donate to our guilds boutique, another is a baby quilt that I will try to sell via our guilds boutique (for a commission) and the last is the 2017/2018 Fat Quarter Shop block of the month quilt.  I have since finished 3 of these. 

  
These are the charity quilts.

Here's the panel quilt.

I'm also participating in Moda's Blockheads 2 quilt along.  Here is block 7 and all the blocks I've done so far.


And my friend Deolinda had a birthday this month.  We are going to the coast this weekend with a few other friends for a hand work only weekend and I will present her with this very late birthday gift. 
The embroidery is from Embroidery Online.  It's their Damask alphabet. 

And I celebrated a milestone this week.  I have been employed at the Sierra Vista Mall for 30 years  I was there before the mall was even finished being built.  I would love to say it was with the same company for all that time, however the mall has been through several owners (5) and I've been fortunate enough to have been kept on by all of them.  My co-workers gave me flowers, a cake, a necklace/earring/bracelet set, a lovely floral arrangement and they got me lunch that day. 
I was honored. 


On my way to Cambria next weekend with 5 friends next weekend for a handwork only weekend.  I will work on my block of the year Christmas applique quilt.  I've not touched it for months. 

Thanks for looking.


Comments

  1. Congratulations on 30 years! All of the mall owners have been privileged to have you on their staff.
    You are generous with your time and talents - charity quilts and boutique items. You are making good use of that new Embroidery machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Ditto what AfterMath said!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.