Skip to main content

Modern Matrix with Traditional Twist-plus a Modern quilt

Yep.  I took a modern looking quilt and made it traditional.  I also made a quilt that I think is pretty modern. 


My friend Anna (Anna the Artist Within) is a quilt designer and this is one of her quilt patterns.  She taught it at one of our guild's classes.  It's called Modern Matrix and when she made it with her color choices (a lime green, black and white) it is sooo modern.  I used a very traditional fabric and quilted it pretty traditionally too.  The lines I used were the serpentine stitch on my machine  I don't know if I pinned bad or the serpentine stitch pushes the fabric so much but my very narrow border is all messed up on two sides.  But I still like it. 



And last year I was getting the Fat Quarter Shop mystery boxes.  This was one of the quilts that they had in one of the boxes.  They gave you the colored fabric, you just have to add your own backgrounds.  I called my friend Anna (same one from above) to ask her advise on quilting this modern quilt and straight lines were the choice.  I did them without a ruler so they are all uneven.  I did a simple double triangle in each flying geese block.

This little quilt is made with the left over triangles from Bonnie Hunter's 2014 Grand Illusion mystery.  I used them as leader/enders and got this little quilt from it.  A twofer. 

And I sewed some clothes.  Okay, just a jacket.  For me.  And I will actually wear it.

It's a Simplicity pattern.  And it wasn't that hard.  No collar, no zipper.  Easy (ish).

I also started working on blocks for the Moda Blockhead 2 quilt along.  Here are my first two blocks.  I decided to tear up a fat quarter pack of Moda's Me & My Sister's fabric called Hi-De-Ho.  Bright and cheery.


Now I better get busy and work on another doggie pillow like I made a few posts ago.  My sister wants one for her friends and she ordered the cutest fabric from Spoonflower.  (Don't ask me what kind of dog it is.)  She also ordered some fabrics to make her son a pillow case with their dog (a Springer Spaniel) all over it.  It came with her package and I need to find fabrics for her to use.  I have a stash so I'm sure there is something perfect in there. 

Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. lovely quilts, great jacket.
    I've been told if you intentionally make your lines "not straight" then that's the plan and the design!
    You're branching out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I posted a comment earlier, but it's not showing up.

    Great quilts, cut jacket. You're branching out!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.