Skip to main content

Catching Up

I still don't have my Bernina 750 back.  It's only been about 3 weeks and the repair guy isn't supposed to lift anything heavy for 6 weeks.  So I'm working with his 590 which isn't my machine.  You know how you 'know' your machine and all it's quirks and what it likes.  But I'm trying to figure this one out.  I was able to finish a couple of quilts. 

 These were block of the months from our guild that I won last November or December.  I will donate this to our guilds boutique in October. 


I would love to take credit for this rainbow quilt but a friend of mine actually pieced it and gave me the back and said if I would quilt it I could donate it to our guild's charity quilts.  So I did.  Kept the quilting simple with lines and some x stitching across the blocks to help stabilize it.   I think whoever gets this quilt will be happy. 

 For the Memorial Day weekend I went to a friends house to sew for 3 full days.  It was wonderful.  Her and her husband are great cooks and I always feel so at home there.  Their granddaughter was there too along with their grand dog who is a Doxie.  So as a gift to their granddaughter for sharing her grandma with me I made her this pillow.  (I also made something for my friend and her husband but forgot to take photos.) 
Here's a picture of her granddaughter and her doggie.  She's a sweetie and reminds me of my Doxie Sparky from years ago.  Cuddly and soft.  Her granddaughter is a sweetie too.

While at her house I used her Babylock Tiara mid-arm machine to quilt this green quilt I call Desert Oasis.  This was from an Instagram Quilt Along by Lady K Quilts which she called #elegantoasisqal  You can check it out on Instagram.  If I had room in my house I would definitely get a mid-arm. 

And in April my friendship group, Material Girls, had our spring meeting where we exchanged our flying geese.  Ten of us are participating in the exchange.  We gave each member 20 flying geese.  We have to have a top using the geese by our Christmas meeting.  We were also saying goodbye to a member who is moving to Missouri.  We all made a red and white star block and Anna put the quilt top together and Janice quilted it and we gave it to her that day. 
 Here's the group.
Back Row:  Elaine B., Rita B., Pat G., Carol C,, Deolinda R., Me, Janice M., Adena J., Barbara S.
Front Row:  Kathy M., Barbara B., Maxine K., Debbie VF., Anna K.

Barbara had moved away already years ago about 2 hours north but that was always close enough for her to come to our bi-annual meetings.  We will miss her and we wish her good luck in her new home.  She will be closer to her grandchildren so that will be so great for her.

And speaking of grandkids, here's a picture of mine on their last day of school. 

Thanks for looking.


Comments

  1. Glad you had a great time at your retreat. Great job on all of the quilts and cute pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing quilts. You are so generous donating to your guild boutique.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.