Skip to main content

The saddest picture ever....

Yep my sewing machine is at the shop.  And it looks like it will be there for a while.  I have two quilts pinned and ready to quilt and two tops that are ready to pin, and blocks finished for other projects.  Just so sad.  I wore out my presser foot lifter.  The gears are stripped.  I've had the machine for about 4 years and I use my machine a lot.  It's a Bernina 750.  I love that machine and I hope it comes back like she was. 

Luckily I have my old 150 which is great to piece with but it's so small I really can't quilt with it and I definitely can't use the ruler foot and do any ruler work.  Luckily the guy fixing my machine said he has a spare 590 that I can use since he won't have mine fixed for a few (5 to 6) weeks but not because he can't but he will be having surgery next week and won't be able to work until then. 

But even so, I've been gone a ton the last few weeks because of work, ( a two day quick trip to Fort Worth), then up north to take care of my dad for a few days (he had surgery - he's fine now), the local quilt show, a day class with Bonnie Hunter in Bakersfield, and then I just came back from a wonderful trip to Seattle to visit my younger sister and tomorrow I go to a quilt class for our guild.  On top of my normal day job. 

The trip to Seattle will be another post since we were so busy and I have a lot of pictures.  Good times. 

Thanks for looking and reading.  Sorry it's not full of pretty finished quilts. 


Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, 4 weeks, yikes! So nice of him to let you borrow a machine. Hope you are back to quilting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Machine withdrawal is serious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.