Skip to main content

Work, Work, Work


My how time flies.  I can’t believe it’s been more than a month since I posted.  I have not been idle though.  I finished making and quilting the guild’s mystery quilt.  I’ve already given out 4 clues and I think they will have either 2 or 3 more left to do.  They should have all the components of the blocks by the end of this month.  Here’s a sneak peak of the quilts.


I’d love to show you a picture of both quilts, but I can’t yet – that would ruin the mystery.  I made two since the guild members like to have a small and larger option.  My small one I made with Christmas colors and the large one I made with Halloween/fall colors.  However, there is really nothing Haloween-ish about the fabrics I used on the top except for the colors.  I did use Halloween fabric for the back though. 

I also started machine quilting the Quilt Show’s Block of the Month from last year.  Here’s a sneak peak of the center.  I just finished quilting the curved flying geese arches last night.



In the mean time I’ve also played with my 10 Needle machine and made these St. Patrick Day pillows for my bedroom and for the studio.  I do wish I added the letters “ish” after Kiss Me I’m Irish as I am not Irish.  But they say we are all Irish on St. Patrick’s Day.  Maybe I’ll give this away to someone who is Irish and make me another one and add the ‘ish’. 


And in keeping with the green theme, Karen O'Connor of Lady K Quilt fame, started a quilt a long and I decided to join in.  The block/quilt is called Elegant Oasis.  I decided I needed a bigger green quilt for my bed so here are my fabrics and my two blocks that I've finished so far.



And to end my post on a happy note, my grandkids (and their folks) moved to Utah last year and they are loving it.  They are in a neighborhood where the kids can run around outside without any fears.  Kids their age always around.  Dylan (who turned 5 this month) has learned to ski this year and the Jack learned last year.  Makes me very happy that they are happy.




The local quilt show, Best of the Valley, is in a few weeks.  (April 13-15-if you are in the central valley of California, it's worth coming to.)  I entered two quilts this year and this weekend while at my dads I got the labels and sleeves on them.  It’s nice to have handwork when I visit him.  I’m not big on the shows he watches but I just sit and stitch while we watch tv together.  I think he enjoys the fact that he’s not alone.  It’s been almost 5 years since my mom has passed away.  I’m very proud of how well he is doing on his own, but the he complains most about the loneliness.  Wish I lived a little closer. 

Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. You have been busy with the 10 needle. Good for you!
    You're inspiring me to get back to the Quilt Show's BOM. I'm happy for you that you've started the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pillows. The sew along looks fun! The kids look very happy in the snow....brrrr

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.