Skip to main content

My Halo Medallion

This was the The Quilt Show's Block of the Month for 2017.  It was designed by Sue Garman who was one of my favorite quilters of all times  Our guild was fortunate enough to have her as a speaker and teacher before she passed away.  (Haven't finished the quilt from that class yet-but it's on my lit to finish this year too.)   This quilt is pretty much all paper pieced.  And because I spend so much time piecing it I felt the quilting deserved as much time. 

Here are some close ups.  I got to use my machine quilting rulers a lot on this quilt for the curved cross hatching.  Got better the more I did it.  Used some stencil work for the big setting triangles in the center and the rest I used the rulers to draw the spine of the feathers but the rest was done free motion.  And a lot of  'in the ditch' quilting.


I didn't buy the kit from The Quilt Show but was able to find most of the fabrics that they used.  I just loved the spring colors.  I have several friends who have (or are currently) finishing theirs.  Most used other fabrics and it was fun all year to see how different they came out by just changing fabrics and colors.

Thanks for looking. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.