Skip to main content

Bonnie Hunter -On Ringo Lakes

For New Years I went to a friends for 3 full days to sew--and sew I did.  I caught up with all the clues on the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt up to the final one the first day I got there.  And then after she announced the final clue, I spent the full day working on the top.

Here's my quilt in all it's glory.

We had fun trying to figure out the layout before the final clue.  Here's one of our ideas.  We were so sure when we did the math--we knew it had to be on point.  But like in all things, there is always more than one way to do something.  The first one we figured the sashing pieces would be used in the border.


This was another idea - but when we did the math we figured we didn't have enough of the sashing pieces. 

As it turns out, we really like Bonnie's layout so it is all good. 

I followed Bonnie's colors.  And I love it.  But I also love my friends color choices.  It's a totally different quilt.  Here's her finished top.

She made her quilt square (9 less blocks) and she said she will add another 3" red border to make it just a tad bigger.  She's taking the 9 extra blocks and is setting it on point with no sashing and will use it as a medallion quilt and make a smaller quilt.  (She used the red where we used aqua, aqua where we used coral, green where we used brown and black for her neutral.)

It was a great weekend.  We ate and laughed and we did a little embroidering.  See her 10-Needle machine?  Well, I am getting one of those too.  I'm so excited.  I'm getting the Babylock Valiant.  My Bernina has the embroidery module but it's such a pain to move my sewing machine onto a different table and set it all up.  This way I can just design and then have it stitch while I continue to sew.

Here's the embroidery designs we stitched out.  It's from a new company that I found called Kreations by Kara.  I wanted to see how her designs stitched out. 
I actually had some fabric at home that goes perfectly with this--so I'll have to whip up a little table runner.  (By the way the designs stitched out great-the only problem we found was one of the pictures of one of the designs was missing in the pdf.)

So thanks for looking.  I still have to do my annual recap and figure out my goals.  I'm thinking about it.  I just need time too.  Been gone a lot. 



Comments

  1. Great recap of our weekend. We both got a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your On Ringo Lake quilt. And your friend's too. Wow. What a different when you change the color arrangement. Awesome. Great job both of you. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt turned out very nice. I didn't get a chance to do the mystery quilt this year as I was just too busy quilting customer quilts through the holidays but I sure enjoyed watching everyone's progress.
    Blessings...
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.