Skip to main content

2018 Goals

I follow a blog called Quilt By Faith and her mantra is 'goals are good'.   They are sometimes and I'm hoping this year it will be true for me. 

As I mentioned in my last post, my guilds challenge this year is to finish at least 10 quilts that we put on a list of quilts that have been started.  I thought I filled out all 10 but I didn't.  I only had 7 on the list and I've already finished 2.  But that doesn't mean I won't put more here. 

Here are the two I've finished from that list - the Christmas ornaments as seen here.  And I also had my friendship group challenge on the list and that was finished and shown... wait - I never posted our Christmas party with all the quilts we did.  That will have to be another post but take my word for it.  I finished the challenge quilt - the challenge was 'travel'. 

So the other's on the guild list are some of the same from last year - the Circle of Illusion,

 Orca Bay

and the

Twirly Balls quilt

  I also added the quilt called Rainbow Nest - an Edyta Sitar child's book with a quilt pattern to go with it.  And I will be finishing the Fat Quarter Shop's Designer Mystery quilt  -I think I get the last block in May so hopefully be finished soon after that. 

I did finish quilting my On Ringo Lake - just need to sew down the binding.  I'll post it when that's done.  And speaking of Bonnie Hunter, I will be taking a workshop with her in April at a local quilt store and we will be doing the Jamestown Landing Quilt so that one will be on my list to finish this year. 

And then their's the Quilt Show's Block of the Month program from last year. 
This is just the center - it's much further along that this now.

I still have some of the December's clue to finish - it's a big quilt and will require some customer quilting.  I need to get some white batting too.  I'll pick that up when I go to Road to California next week. 

And I'm the chairman for our guild's mystery this year and I have to finish the full size and smaller samples. 

Another goal I have this year is to use up one my fat quarter packs.  Just from where I'm sitting I can see 14 of them.  I love looking at them but I really need to use them.  And I have plenty of patterns to choose from. 

And hopefully I'll get a lot more done--some guild boutique items, some gifts for family and friends and like I mentioned in an earlier post, I should be getting my new 10 needle Babylock Valiant embroidery machine this next week, and I have a ton of ideas to use it for projects too.  So much to do, so little time. 

I appreciate you looking. 

Comments

  1. Good goals! I'm sure you'll be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to keep a short list of UfO's and to work on them regularly it otherwise disturbs my peace of mind. I have a friend who has more UFOs' than she can count and it never bothers her, but we "finishers" cannot live that way. It's one reason I keep a bit of a tally on my sidebar so I cannot forget!~
    My Ringo Lake is in the construction stage now, getting the blocks together. Yours turned out very lovely and I agree that Bonnie's quilts do not lend themselves to much custom quilting except perhaps for borders. I just wish I had used something less feminine than the salmon I have too many feminine quilts!
    Next time.......,.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tried to publish my comment but it doesn't appear!
    Your Bh mystery is lovely and I agree custom quilting is wasted on them, except perhaps for borders.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.