Skip to main content

Pineapples, Christmas and Flowers

In January at the Road 2 California quilt show I took Anita Grossman Solomon's two color pineapple quilt.  My friend Janice took the class too and didn't want to start a new quilts so she made a couple of these blocks in the class.  So thanks Janice.  I finally finished it!  Yea!  I love it.  It can either be a Halloween quilt or if you are a San Francisco Giant's fan, it could be a quilt for you.


In binding it, I found a whole section I forgot to quilt.  That has happened before.  Try as you might, you sometimes just miss a spot.

And here are a couple little quilts for gifts or the guild's boutique.  The angel is actually a lap sized quilt - just looks small and the floral quilt is only 23" square.


This was a kit I got at Keepsake Quilting in 2014.
For Father's Day I headed up north to see my dad.  But on Sunday morning I met my husband and his folks and Kelly, Chad and my grandkids in Los Banos (centrally located for all of us).  They are starting a new life in Utah and leave this Tuesday.  So sad they will be so far away but excited for this new adventure.  Jack starts 1st grade next year so they wanted to get him enrolled in time for school.  So it was not only a celebration of Father's day but a goodbye time with the kids.

Jack is into math.  He kept asking me to give him math problems.  

And Dylan is just a sweetie with a great smile.  
And the weekend before I went to the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley.  Took a bus tour there with two friends, Debbie and Elaine.  I really enjoyed it.  They had a great exhibit of Titanic stuff and a cool lapel pin display of all Madison Albright's pins (brooches) which was really interesting.
 

Thanks for looking.  13 sleeps until 7 of my friends and I head to Sisters Oregon for the Sisters Quilt Show.  So excited.


Comments

  1. Yea! You got it done. The quilt looks great. Can hardly wait to see it in person.
    Didn't know the family was moving. Sad for you, but hopefully good for them.

    Sisters, here we come!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilts, glad you were able to see your family. So fun to be able to see the Sister's show!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.