Skip to main content

Goodbye Dear Walter

We had to put our oldest dog Walter to sleep today.  He had been sick for a while and the last couple days wouldn't eat and whatever he did eat he pooped and puked out.  He was ready.

We got Walter and his sister Duchess about 6 months after I lost my shadow dog Sparky.  Kelly and Jeff first came home with Duchess and she was so sad by herself they went back and got her brother Walter.  It's a good thing they did because Duchess was pretty much blind.  Vet said about 20% sight and she needed her seeing eye dog Walter.  Duchess passed away about 2 years ago.  Walter had been sad since.  He was always overweight because he loved food.  All the time.  He knew exactly what time to get up for breakfast, he would bark at snack times and he would bark for dinner.  He lived a good life even though he only had one eye for most of it.  (That was due to a golf ball accident in 2004.)

RIP Walter.  We loved you so much.  I know you knew it.  You loved us too.


Comments

  1. Sweet reminders. Animals give such unconditional love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard when our fur-friends pass away. They have such a hold on our hearts! I am sorry for your loss.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. You gave him a good home for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fur babies are one of the sweetest blessings on earth. I am so sorry about Walter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sad for you. I'm glad you have little Needle to keep you company. It's amazing how much joy those little 4-legged beasties can give!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.