Skip to main content

I've been busy!

After I pinned my Farmer's Wife quilt, I decided to take a break and work on our guilds boutique items.  I've shown a few in the last post, but I have added the following to the mix.
Fall table runner

close up of table runner

17 bowl cozies (use with a bowl in the microwave so you don't get potholder in your food.
Doxie Pouch (free pattern on Bernina USA

Bibs

Baby blankets - minkee on one side and cotton on the other

Christmas bibs

Fall placemats (8)

Halloween Lap Quilt (Using 20 blocks from the Celtice Solstice mystery last year that I didn't use on my quilt.)

Unlined Halloween totes

Fall pot holders

Little Christmas table topper

Christmas table topper

Halloween pot holders
I took a break today to work on some block of the month/weeks.  I'm still waiting for the Fat Quarter Shop BOM but I did get Pat Sloan's Globetrotting BOM block done.
Paris Block (August)

All the blocks so far
Then silly me decided to do the Marcus Brothers Friends and Companions Designer Sew Along.  I had some civil war like fabrics so I thought I'd give it a try.  Here are weeks 1 & 2.  They are 9" finished blocks.

And the Loose Threads ladies met last week and we had our round 3 designer board challenge quilts to show.  You can check all the quilts out here.  At the meeting I was telling them I thought mine was kind of boring so we talked about adding sand and shells to the bottom, which I did today. I was inspired by all the big hand stitching on Grace's board.
Don't know what the vertical stripes are from.  Not on original photo.

The board I was inspired by.  
I still have a few more things to work on for the boutique but feel like I've actually done enough so we'll see if I do work on more.  My new machine is skipping stitches.  I've done all the things I can do to fix it but it's still now working so it looks like it's going in for it's first check up.  Which is good - there might have been some updates that I don't know about.  I haven't figured all that stuff out.

Comments

  1. Wow! What an accomplishment! So much work done. You've been very busy. Lovely work. I especially like the leaves in the fall table runner. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a very busy lady!! I love the leftover quilt from your celtic solstice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, you never cease to amaze me. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You have been busy!! Looks like almost enough to have you own boutique!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.