Skip to main content

A purse, some applique, block of the week and more boutique items

Been busy working on more boutique things.  I also finished a few things for myself.  First, I bought Tara Rebman's Craftsy class and made this little (really big actually) tinker tote.


I made the purse 2 inches taller that the pattern so I can make a pocket big enough for my ipad.  This will be the perfect travelling bag.

I also finished another block in my block of the year applique project.  :)

All four finished blocks
I am also participating in Marcus Brothers block of the week.  These are weeks 3 and 4.
And I also worked on some more boutique items.  (Our guild is having a boutique to raise money for all our projects and workshop for the year.)  The boutique is October 4th.  







reusable gift bags

Yes, I've been busy.  I've used a lot of scraps and for the reusable gift bags, some older Christmas fabrics.  Even the purse was all scraps and fabrics that I already had.  I only had to buy utility fabric (like a muslin) and some heavier interfacing.

Now I need to get serious and start quilting on my Farmers Wife Quilt.
  

Comments

  1. So many lovely projects. Love your Marcus Designer SAL blocks. Lovely fabric in there. But the block of the year applique is the show stopper, in my opinion anyway. Beautiful work all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can make it to Common Threads boutique this year. You've really whet my appetite!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make catch up to me with your block of the year! Mine still remains unfinished as well...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really liking that new handbag of yours. So pretty.

    And wow, wow, wow! I don't know how you do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not usually into purses, but I can hardly wait to see this one in person. You do a good job of keeping up with your BOM or BO week. Even your BO year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, Barbara, you have been busy. What beautiful things. You should be able to make some serious money if everyone is as prolific as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Block of the YEAR?! Hah! Well, that certainly relieves some of the guilt and pressure about not keeping up! Your tote is adorable, and adjusting the size to fit your iPad is genius. I'm thinking of looking into the iPad mini because my purse weighs a ton and I find myself often leaving the big iPad at home, only to wish I had it later.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.