Skip to main content

Celtic Solstice Update

Clue 1 of Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt  is done.  Yea me.  For Clue 2 I had 63 (of 244) blocks done but realized after I posted last that I had them wrong so I had to undo 63 middle seams, turn them around an resew them.  They are horrible.  When I worked on the rest (which I have the background color on, I just need to sew the black squares on and sew the 2 halves together) I sewed the squares on differently that I think worked better for me.  I tried moving my needle over but it was too much for me.  
AND....I have all my 488 half square triangles sewn - they just need the paper torn off and pressed and then I need 60 more pinwheels to make.  I will work on the paper tearing and pressing this next week while visiting with family. I will try to catch up after Christmas.

Off to wrap more presents.  Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. Un-sewing is the worst! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for you! I'm wishing I had used the triangle paper, but I've already cut all my strips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is alot of blocks!! I wonder what the next clues will include :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So frustrating! Don't you hate it when you get in the groove, then find out it's the wrong groove?!

    Merry Christmas, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that you had to do some ripping. What a drag. I have another blogger friend who is ready to give up on this quilt already. Is it more difficult than some of the others?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good. I just need to press my Chevrons. And today I will start the pinwheels. I'm off work this week. But I see my time felling up fast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.