Skip to main content

Sticks & Stones

Loose Threads met this week to show our Sticks & Stones quilts. We were to use the quote "Sticks and stones can break my bones but names can never hurt me" theme as inspiration.

I went for technique. I wanted to try Texture Magic.

Karen went dimensional. She actually used some real sticks and some fabric sticks and fabric stones.

Anna pulled out her embroidery machine and embroidered some words that had some great meaning to her and words she wants to look at each day.

Grace made her wonderfully colored sticks using her signature purple.

Sara's been on a stone streak. She's been hand appliqueing stones to quilts, bowls and more. This is a really long runner she'll use on her table.

Barbara Sawyer used another quote about words and how they can be used to build someone up.

Janice said she just wasn't inspired to work on the theme so made this for a gift or donation. She brought it to ask for machine quilting suggestions.

Another night with some talented ladies and great conversation.

I've started machine quilting the Easy Street Mystery quilt. It's going to take some time. Still not sure how I'm going to quilt the block parts. I was hoping something would come to mind while I was doing the straight line quilting but no such luck. I will keep looking on Pinterest for some inspiration.

Party party party was last night and I got a boys baby quilt top done for a young man that I work with, I pinned a small top that was given to me, a Christmas ornament, and some shopping done.

Thanks for looking.

 

Comments

  1. What a variety of sizes, shapes, and techniques! Thanks for sharing a very thought-provoking show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always interesting how every one interprets the theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your group is very talented and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never agreed with that saying! I think words can wound worse than blows, they never fade like a bruise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.