Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

3 Finishes

First, I finished quilting my Easy Street Mystery the other day and got the binding sewn down last night while watching the rest of season 3 of Downton Abbey. A friend "had connections" and got it early so we had a marathon watching session last night. Now we have to wait for a whole year for season four.

You can't even see the quilting.

Then about two years ago a boss of mine retired and was also going to move so she cleaned up some of her sewing stuff and gave me a bunch of scraps and some blocks and a quilt that was actually started by her mom. Her mom was hand quilting as she went and had 2 rows done. They are hand appliqu├ęd. She had two down and the rest cut. I just bound the two rows and will keep that one for myself since its also hand quilted and I added borders to the two blocks and machine quilted it and will donate to our guild for their monthly raffle.

 

And for some more cuteness, here's a stray cat we've been feeding. I call her fluffy because she really is compared to all the others. She also lets me pet her when I bring her food.

Will be leaving for Road to California on Wednesday. I am driving down with three other ladies and will hook up with others when we get there. So looking forward to getting away and hanging with my friends.

Thanks for looking.

 

5 comments:

Quilt Crazy said...

Love your quilt! It turned put great. I'm glad I'm one of the other ladies

Quiltedtime said...

I am still in love with the colors in your mystery quilt. Gorgeous choices!

Anonymous said...

Have fun at Road.
Janice.

Darlene Contadino said...

You are one busy woman. I love how your Easy Street turned out. Have fun on your trip. Thanks for sharing your projects.

sewmuchfun said...

Love it/them!