Skip to main content

Scrap Quilt Finished and the Heart of the Valley Shop Hop

In March our guild had Marie Strait as a speaker and she had a scrap workshop.  She gives you two scrap block patterns to play with and then you can lay them out in any fashion you want.  The block I chose you can use in any log cabin pattern.  I made this quilt - it's 94" x 94" and barely made a dent in my stash.  I found the border from the More Nickel Quilts book by Pat Speth.  I quilted feathers in the light area but you can't even really see them - made for good practice.

This past Friday and Saturday, two friends (Elaine Berry and Janice Minyard) and I, did the 2012 Heart of the Valley Shop Hop.  We did the southern route on Friday and we added the 2 Porterville stores in our roster even though they weren't officially on the hop.  On Saturday morning we drove to the northernest store in Turlock and worked our way south until we ended at our home store, Thimble Towne in Visalia.  At that store they had a photo area to fit with the theme of the hop - Cinco de Mayo - he even had virgin margaritas (which fortunately I knew ahead of time and brought a little of the hard stuff to add to our drinks -knowing it was our last stop of the day and no driving to be done.)  We had a good time even though we missed our 4th partner in crime Debbie this year.  Oh and we take a picture of ourselves with our Thimble Towne bags in front of all the stores and text them to the owner of Thimble Towne.


 This is a picture of all the goodies we got from the shops in the hop.  (I forgot to add the margarita glass from Strawberry Patches).  They were all very generous and wonderful.

Here's what I bought - I tried to limit my spending to pieces of fabrics with words on them.  I'll make a scrap quilt one day using all word fabrics.  The rest I just had to have because...............well because.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting. Maybe I will be able to do the "hop" next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful! I love your border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great time Visiting all the stores. And the time spent in the car was just as precious. I recommend anyone get a group of friends together and do a shop out in your area

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like loads of fun.

    Love the quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb,

    I absolutely love the colors in your quilt.

    I am still thinking about your suggestion that I start a blog. Might need some tips.

    Love,

    Kay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.