Skip to main content

Fall, Free and Crack

What a pleasure to work on my favorite color combinations - a little table runner for the Common Threads Quilt Guild's Little Quilt Raffle.
If it looks familiar - I made something very similar to this for myself last year.

Then at the last guild meeting I won the Block of the Month blocks.  There were 14 blocks but this setting only needed 12.  I skipped adding 2 blue blocks because they wouldn't go with this border fabric I found in my stash and they were about 1/2 smaller than the rest of the blocks.  This will be donated to the guild's Charity quilt committee for some little girl.
Now on to a little art piece.  Sara - don't look past this part as this is your birthday piece that you will get Monday night.  This is a Loose Threads Art Group birthday gift.  Sara wanted 6" x 30" strip with a theme of cracked.  This is supposed to be a sidewalk with weeds growing in the cracks.  The only thing I could think of  that would work.  I thought of other things but couldn't figure out how to execute it.
Well my Bernina 640 went to a shop on Thursday for service and repair -I haven't been able to get my laptop to talk to my embroidery part of my machine.  This guy said to try a new cord (he didn't - tried and it didn't work) then he said to use a USB stick but I told him several times that I have never been able to use the usb stick for designs.  So I decided to drive to Bakersfield Saturday morning to drop my machine off at Strawberry Patches to see if their tech guy can figure it out.  He's only in town on Tuesday so I have to wait until then to see if they can fix it.  Luckily I have a friend who's going down there with her mom on Tuesday so if it's repaired, they can pick it up.  Luckily I still have my 150 to sew on.

And to top this next week, I get to have a colonoscopy on Thursday.  Sounds like fun huh?  The joys of turning 50 - all the tests they want to run.

Thanks for looking and I hope you all have a great week.

Comments