Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm still here and I've been busy

but have no pictures to share again.  I am almost done with the "whisper challenge" quilt, which I won't be able to show a picture of for a year.  All that is left to do is sew down the binding, put on the sleeve and label.  Then I hope to also hand sew the yo-yo's for my Dresden plate quilt tonight and pin it tomorrow and quilt it and be done with that one this weekend!  Then I have to start working on the rest of my Lemoyne stars for the next Vintage Moments class.

My sister commissioned me to sew her a laptop bag and we bought all the fabric and parts for that this weekend while she was down visiting my folks.  I got the car headliner foam today at lunch and maybe I'll even get that started this weekend.

I had a great visit with my little sister and her son, my folks and my brother and his family this weekend.  My mom is doing good - building up strength for the next round of chemo or whatever they decide to do this time.  My little sister was great and made all kinds of great meals - always extra to freeze for when my mom doesn't feel up to cooking.  Her son is so easy going sometimes you hardly know he's there.  I won 3 out of 5 Scrabble games against my sister-in-law Marcy - it's unusual for me to win so that was quite a treat.  We also drove north a bit on Sunday (my sister, mom, nephew and I) to see Kelly, Chad and my grandson Jack.  He's 8 months old and growing like a weed.  Didn't get any pictures of me and him this time.  He was a little overwhelmed with all the company (because my in-laws were also there) so no one really got to hold him without him fussing for his mom and dad.

1 comment:

sewmuchfun said...

glad to hear your Mom is doing ok. Sounds like you will have a busy sewing weekend:)