Skip to main content

Best of the Valley Quilt Show 2011

Our local quilt show was this weekend.  It's called Best of the Valley.  I spent all day at the show -selling our guild's opportunity quilt tickets and docenting and of course shopping.  I took pictures of all the quilts from my guild members who entered.  I was very happy to report that a lot of won ribbons!  Yea Common Threads members.  Here's a link to the facebook album of the quilts.  
In Harmony (Best of Show - Machine Embroidery)
Common Threads Quilt Guild Best of the Valley entries

I myself did very well at the show.  I won Best of Show for machine embroidery, a first place for my Deb Karasik class project and an honorable mention for my Pine Brrrr quilt.  The Claire with the Kaleidescope Hair didn't win a ribbon and the comments weren't all that great - but I'm okay with that.  It was not made all that well I just thought it was groovy.  Here are pictures of my quilts.

Claire with the Kaleidescope Hair

Pine Brrrrr (Honorable Mention)

Didn't get a picture of this at the show - it won 1st place
But what was really cool was my friend Janice Minyard was the featured artist.  Here she is in her booth.  It was fun seeing her older works - stuff I had never seen before.  (Who knew she hand quilted at one time?) 
Of course I did a little retail therapy.
I didn't do too bad.  The orange fabric is to make a little quilt for my in-laws.  They asked me today to make a little quilt for their Orange Cove reunion raffle.  (In 2 weeks.)  The bling quotes - one for a friend, the red and cream kit - finally get to use my tri-rec ruler.  A necklace that matches the earrings and bracelet I bought last year and two fat quarters of fabric I just thought were very pretty.  I was looking for some of the fabric with Scrabble icons on it and didn't see any - maybe on the shop hop next month.

Last weekend I spent up north at my folks house and my younger sister, her husband and son were down from Washington state during their spring break.  On the way there I stopped to see my grandson.  What a little cutie.

That's my granddog Beast.  My niece was there with me and she took all the photos.

At my folks house, they were both sick with the cough and cold and my sister was recovering from the cough and my brother-in-law was fighting it.  Luckily the rest of us were okay.  And so far...all I have is allergy problems.  We went to see 2 movies - Diary of a Wimpy Kid which I thought was funny and Hop which I loved.  It's fun to go to kids movies with kids!   And we ate a lot.

Thanks for looking.
Barb

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your BIS award!!! The quilt is fantastic! Congrats on your other wins too! You should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be next year's featured artist because you have developed into a master quilter. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.