Skip to main content

Big Ditches

My husband and I just came home from a whirlwind trip to the Grand Canyon.  I had never been and we saw this AAA deal where you start in Williams, AZ, and take a train to the Grand Canyon for the day, then back to Williams for another night, and then home the next day (today).  On our way home we stopped at the Hoover Dam to see the new bridge.  So - saw two big holes in the ground - one man made and one God made.  Both were pretty awesome to see.
Grand Canyon - picture taken from the south rim
Hoover Dam
The train ride was slow - 63 miles and it took 2.5 hours.  They tried to entertain you with musicians and we even had a train robbery on the way back.  It was fun to see that because we had 2 young boys on our train and they made it more fun.  The Marshall kept trying to hit on the 4 girls who sat ahead of us - was pretty funny to see the old fart flirt.  I have to say the musician we had on the way back also told some very funny jokes.  He was a Native American Indian and his music was great too, but his jokes were funnier and he told them well.  Not much else to do in Williams so we had a lot of down time.  We were in bed and lights out by 9 each night which is not like me at all.  They wanted $10 for 24 hours of internet so I lugged my laptop all the way there for nothing, because I wasn't going to buy that when most hotels have it for free.  I am very glad we went and Jeff and I didn't kill each other.  We listened to a book on tape both ways so we didn't have to converse alot.  ha ha

Oh, and there was a quilt store in Williams and we found it but it was closed by the time we got there and the next day we were gone during the day when they were opened and we left at 6 am this morning so couldn't go today.  However one of the Grand Canyon shops had 4 - 4" x 6" old photos of the Grand Canyon on fabric to make a little quilt and I got that. 

Oh, no quilting done for 3 days.  Will start tonight sometime.  I'm itching' to get to the machine!

Thanks for looking.
Barb

Comments

  1. We took the same Grand Canyon trip a few years ago. It is truly a magnificent site! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a Grand Canyon quilt in your future?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.