Skip to main content

Some quilt finishes and updates (picture heavy)

 Wow - I haven't blogged since April, hence the picture heavy mention in the title.  I keep thinking about it but then...  

I have been keeping busy with life in general, quilting, cross stitching, decorating, keeping out of the heat.  I also took a quick trip to California to see my friends and check up on my father-in-law.  But you aren't here to hear about all that, you want to see some finished (or semi-finished) products.  


First, quilt finishes.

Wonky Log Cabin - used some Amish fabric my mom bought me years ago and some solids from my stash.

Made this for my friend Anna.  She makes so much for others, I thought I'd make her something.

Obviously to honor my move to Texas!

Charity quilt

Charity Quilt

Vintage Santa

For the Common Threads Quilt guild challenge in 2022.  Blocks given to me by Charlotte Rogers and I made a runner with the best of the blocks in the pack.

Granny Squared using Fig Tree Stitched fabrics.

For our pastor and his wife for their first baby.
Fat Quarter Shop's Halloween mystery 2022.

For our Associate pastor and his wife for their first baby (who is about 2 already)

Machine Embroidery Projects

this is actually cross stitched by hand but it goes with the bible verses in the next picture.  I made this cover for the leader of my lifegroup from church.


Her favorite verses according to her husband.

Patriotic pillows for the guest room

Summer pillows for the guest room

Summer Bench pillow
For Brenda's granddaughter.


Pillow made for a friends sister's friend?!?  

For a lady in my lifegroup for her great grandchildren.

Fall Pillows for guest room

For associate pastor's son.


Giveaways for Vacation Bible School

Patriotic towels
There is another reading pillow I made but I can't find the picture.  I made on consignment for someone to give to the pastors new baby.

Cross Stitch

Most of the Halloween ones aren't fully finished.  I will be working on those this week.














Other Crafts

All made with the craft group gang I belong to.  We meet once a month.  So much fun.




And my trip to California was great.  Spent time with my father-in-law and with friends from the prison and from the mall and of course my friendship group met for a potluck lunch.  
We are missing some dear friends who have died the last year--Lynn Marie and Carol.  It was so good to catch up with these beautiful women who mean the world to me.  

So life in Texas is still wonderful.  I think this was the best move I could have made for me and my puppies.  I survived my first Texas summer!  As long as there is A/C I'm good anywhere.  

Thanks for looking.



Comments

  1. Wow! Your embroidery machine is smokin! What wonderful gifts you made. You’re quilts and cross stitch are amazing too. So glad you came to visit us, and I am so happy you are happy 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! You're back. Even though I've seen many of these items as you finished, it was really nice to look at all you've done the past few months. Y'all doin' well in your new state. The end of year one will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.