Skip to main content

Visitors, Crafts, Machine Embroidery and Cross Stitch

 And as far as quilting, I have about 5 tops done and working on another but I am going through physical therapy on my shoulder so I haven't been able to get on the ground to pin them to finish them.  Soon I hope.  

But first....I've had visitors and I took a little trip myself.  

I went to the Dallas/Fort Worth area to visit my friend Beth and there was the 2022 Dallas Quilt Show that we went to.  

It was a great show with lots of quilts and of course some vendors.  My friend Vicki also met us there so I got to see her.  Had a great time visiting and catching up with Beth and her husband.  

Then the day after I got home from there, my friend Kathy M and her hubby (From California) were in Texas visiting his family so they came for a short visit.  I took them to Gruene Hall where they got to dance and of course took them to the Gristmill for dinner and Antler Cafe for lunch before they left.

Are they not the cutest.  

Then my friend Janice came for a week and we kept very busy.  

Stopped for beer and to listen to music in Luckenback after spending the morning in Fredericksburg.

I try to take a picture of all my visitors with Buc-ee!

We went on a shop hop and I told her it's not quilting but I wanted to stop at the Tin Smith's Wife for cross stitching and knitting. WOW!  It's a great shop.  I'll be going back.

And of course we had to dip our feet in the Gulf of Mexico on our day trip to Port Aransas.

We went on a shop hop from the San Antonio area.  We didn't go to any stores near Austin.  We went to Austin a few days before that for the LBJ Library tour and the State Capital tour and the traffic was so bad we decided to avoid Austin.  But we found out about another shop hop happening that same weekend and one of the stores was only 11 miles from my house so we did go there (in McQueeney).  We did a lot in the 7 days and I know she'll be back.  

Machine Embroidery

So I've been doing quite a bit of machine embroidery.  I made this spring bunny (stitched it 5 times for gifts) and am keeping one for myself.  My little sister is coming in less than a week so I'll let her choose if she wants the framed picture or the pillow.  Brenda and Janice just got the embroidery and I let them finish their own.  :)

Brenda made the golf shorts, I embroidered the t-shirts for her grandson




Made this for my sister-in-law's sister-in-law.  
And knowing she liked Jiminy Cricket I made this little pillow for her.

Crafts

Made a project bag for my friend Debbie's birthday.

Brenda made me this wonderful sign for my new home.

And at the monthly craft group (from my sister's housing complex) we made this sign.  It's etched cedar.  You make using a chemical that you stencil on and then you use a heat gun to burn it.

Cross Stitch Fully finished

Finally framed these and hung in my laundry room.


First Strawberry I ever made.  It will take more practice to get better.


4 St. Patrick Day Finishes

And a couple of Easter/Spring Finishes


Other Stuff

Had my hair professionally colored.  Got rid of all the red!

Hard to cross stitch when you have this sweet face on your lap.

First two blocks of the Moda Blockheads 4.  Using a Fig Tree Fat Quarter Bundle called  Somerset.

And like I said above, I have several quilts that need to be pinned and quilted but until my shoulder gets better I best not scoot around on the ground pinning quilts.  I may have to find a local long armer to get some of them finished.  

I am still loving my new life in Texas.  Although they tell me I may not after the summer.  :)  

Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. Wow! You have been busy. I am sure I saw the Dallas sign on Facebook but I'm not sure which group it was in...
    Very impressed with all the different crafts you do. Of course, I love the cross stitch the most! Especially the Hands on Design Laundry series, Cathy's designs are always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are enjoying life in Texas! Fun to see friends too. Love that you are participating in Moda block heads! Thanks for showing all of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there and saw most of your stuff, but I'm still impressed when I see it all together. My visit was wonderful and, yes, I'm coming back. DC here we come next spring!!
    I'm loving my bunny pillow. Think of you every time I walk by it.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.